Friday, May 2, 2014

Class Dojo

We have been piloting a new behavior management system in my classroom this week called class Dojo.  It is a computer program that allows students to earn points for positive behaviors and lose points for negative choices.  The children were able to help me customize the indicators for positive behaviors (being a leader, on task, helping others, etc.) and negative choices (requiring multiple prompts, unsafe hands, yelling out, etc).  Just like our old system if the child has a need for several reminders in a day I will send home a think sheet so that you are aware of the specific difficulties that day.  At the end of next week I will send home the access codes so that you are able to see the specific behaviors your child is earning/losing points for throughout the week.  As this is a pilot program I will be seeking your feedback to see if it is something easy to use and parent friendly.  I welcome any feedback, positive or negative, so that I can decide if this is something worth implementing next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment