Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Report Card "Rubric"

I wanted to take a moment to explain my philosophy on report cards as they will be coming home in the next few weeks.  Our report cards have three standards for grading "S" (satisfactory), "P" (proficient), "N" (needs improvement).  We also use and "x" indicator to mark anything that has not yet been assess or taught.  I wanted to let you know that the report card indicators are based on the behaviors and learning target mastery I expect for the end of the year.  Children will only receive an "S" if they have fully mastered the indicator and are preforming above the end of year standard. "P"s are what to expect and show that your child is growing in his/her kindergarten skill sets and knowledge.  An "N" indicates that learning still needs to occur and that at the present time your child is not yet meeting grade level expectations for that specific indicator. Please know that I am always available to discuss your child's progress with you and answer any questions you have about the report card.  These are just one form of communication, I value the data coming home more regularly in goal notebooks and use it as my first and most specific form of communication with you.  Thanks so much for all the ways you support your kindergarten learner.

No comments:

Post a Comment