Tuesday, October 29, 2013

What is a partner?

This week in reading and math we are exploring partnerships.  We learned yesterday that partners really have two roles; one is to listen/respond, and the other is to share ideas.  Together we decided that in reading partners should sit knee-knee and eye-eye when talking, one partner listens while the other talks, and then roles are reversed, and that great partners respond and share ideas.   In the coming week we will be learning more about how partners talk and talk back.  The children will be learning to use phrases like "I notice, I wondered, I liked.." and "I agree, I disagree, I can see that, because...," etc.  We will be using these skills across all subject areas as we discuss our ideas and learn in partnerships.  Here is a preview of some great partnership behaviors we caught in action.



No comments:

Post a Comment